Uaru's Diary

I admit I never wrote a blog before, so I have not a final concept what I will write about. I am interested in computer science, aquaristics, Japanese and I will put comments on those topics. If you find it interesting, I will be glad.

Name:
Location: Poland

Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A few more words on Devoxx

A few more words about the Devoxx. This year more than 3500 people came, and they took part in six parallel tracks of lectures. The lectures lasted since 9:30, the last sessions ended at 22:00. The wealth of topics was incredible, it was difficult to choose which to attend. There is just one hope that we will be able to see the rest on the internet. Some of the talks are sure to find way to the parleys.com (or at least I hope they are sure to find this way.)

I particularly like the division of Devoxx into different categories of session. First part is called University. Devoxx University are composed of 3h long lectures. That length is enough not only to skim through the topic, but to dive in to some details. Not all conferences are nice enough to have such long presentations. I remember JavaOne in Munchen a few years back - I do not remember such long sessions. Even on SpringOne the sessions were not that long. That is why I was dissapointed when at times it was more like presentation than lecture.

The Conference takes 3 days. There are more talks, but they are shorter. If the reason for the University was, that
then I think the objective of the Conference part is more about presentation than teaching. Some of the topics, like Scala, repeat. But it is OK. Different scope, and different attenders.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home